Thread: FWH for 101

Default FWH for 101

Im looking at building some FWH for my 101 front axle. Any interest from other owners?

I can only think that would be interesting to a lot of owners to allow them to get around the infamous front prop shaft rumble on long runs. Of course, you'd want to sell an LED conversion with it for the diff lock light as that melts the warning housing in the dash if left on too long.

If you want some spirited response and to generate the interest to make economy of scale more viable I'd suggest posting it up on the forward control club forum. I think one of the club comittee posts up very occasionally over on Pirate.
    101 club forum

Mind you, we Brits are a tight lot when it comes to our Rovers so expect a lot of people to whine when cost is mentioned. It does strike me as a far simpler and hopefully cheaper solution than rolling diffs, fancy prop shafts and 2wd linkage conversions to an LT95. I'd suggest offering them a production run of those disc brake mounts you did too.

I'd be interested to see them but right now I'm mortgaging my left kidney for my 109 build.

I built a set for my friend Chris Palmer about five years ago. We used an old set of American made ones with the two flip over levers and made new central cogs. Worked a treat. Ray

Quote Originally Posted by robert wood View Post
    I built a set for my friend Chris Palmer about five years ago. We used an old set of American made ones with the two flip over levers and made new central cogs. Worked a treat. Ray
    got my intrest up
    69 Lightweight
    With Rover V8
    Does a body good

Would not want to base them on the dualmatic (lever type) they are very prone to failure.

Exit 105 off the parkway on the jersey shore

There is a pair for sale on ebay uk.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1209747525...84.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
    There is a pair for sale on ebay uk.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1209747525...84.m1438.l2649
    These are 24 spline for a series 3. They do not fit a 101 which is 22 spline.