Thread: D90 Buying Advice

Default D90 Buying Advice

Just started the search for a D90. I'm specifically looking for a manual transmission (94/95). I've found a few with lower miles (under 80k) and I've been surprised to find that a lot of them have had their head gaskets, clutches and/or rear main seals replaced. I was wondering if these items are known quality issues with that particular LR- or is it a coincidence that the ones I've seen have been abused? I'm also wondering what sorts of trouble spots I should be looking for so I can avoid buying a lemon? I've owned a few Series Rovers- and know what to look for there (mainly rust areas). Of the "modern" Rovers I've owned (Disco Series II, '95 RR Classic) I had lots of problems- but mainly quirky electronics-related issues; I was hoping to have better luck with a less sophisticated D90. I'm hoping the aforementioned D90 issues I've seen aren't typical for a well maintained car. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)

For a list of D90s for sale and answers to all your questions, spend some time on http://www.d-90.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBaxter View Post
    For a list of D90s for sale and answers to all your questions, spend some time on http://www.d-90.com/

Thanks! I'll check it out.
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)