Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question On a 2004 SE

Default Question On a 2004 SE

Greetings and salutations.

I am in the throws of passion on purchasing an 04SE. I have done enough research to know that I want a 2004 and that I need an SE at least.

My question is two fold:

(1) Is $9,500 decent (don't want to rape the seller) for an 04SE with 87kmi? One owner so it allegedly/hopefully has been well taken care of.
    (2) Where can I get a listing of items that came standard on these cars?

Regards.

PS: I am in DFW but the car will be purchased in Los Angeles.

The price is o.k. but nothing to get excited about.

For that money it had better be super clean; no rust and records available.

The SE had 18" wheels as standard. 18s have very few more aggressive tires to choose from.

Not sure about the standard features; maybe one the auto seller sites has them (kbb, edmunds, etc)??
    Stu

'01 D2

Default Additional questions.

Okay we went ahead and bought the rig.

Three questions:

(1) I am looking for a shipper to bring this truck from Los Angeles to Dallas and by this weekend, any thought?

(2) The E on the SE logo on the side is missing. Where can I get this lettering?

(3) There is a scratch/dent/bump on the snout, I want to touch it up for now. Where to get a touch up paint?

Rovers North should be able to get you the letter and the touch-up paint.

No idea on the shipper, though.
    Stu

'01 D2

Do to US Customs regulations we no longer import paint, but your local Land Rover dealership should be able to supply it.

The part number for the "SE" badge is DAM500100LPO and the price is $4.32
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Thanks for the info, I'll try to source the paint from the dealer. The truck is en route from LA and should be here tonight or tomorrow, I can't wait

Question

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
    Okay we went ahead and bought the rig.

(2) The E on the SE logo on the side is missing. Where can I get this lettering?
    Are you sure they didn't sell you an 'S' model and just tell you that the 'E' fell off?

Quote Originally Posted by SixthFlick View Post
    Are you sure they didn't sell you an 'S' model and just tell you that the 'E' fell off?

Then I would have to hand over my Nigerian passport

It's an SE.

Edit: Here's a useful database for those coming up behind me that may have a similar interest:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...iscovery-7.htm

How's the truck?
    Stu

'01 D2

It's been wonderful (knock on formica). It exceeds all my expectation and was better than described and expected.

Will need new tires in about 5 to 10k mi (not sure how hard the Discos are on tires).

I also need to change all the drive train oils except for engine which I did already with M1.