Thread: 96 disco want heated seats

Default 96 disco want heated seats

I don't know about everyone, but compared to some of my other vehicles, my Disco Heater sucks! I would like to install a little creature comfort known as heated seats...however, all of the used heated seats that I have found on ebay, etc are for disco 2s. Does anyone know first of all if it is possible to put disco2 seats in a disco1, and if it is, if the wiring can be spliced to make them work (I doubt its the same harness, after all). Your insight and comments (maybe) are appreciated!

BTW, I love this board. Alot of good info here! Hello from a newbie!

Yes D2 seats (front) can fit in a D1 or just get aftermarket seat heaters for existing seats, which is what I would do. Or buy aftermarket seats with seat heaters installed.

Same plug D1 or D2 if I recall correctly.

If you try to install the D2 rear seats in a D1 you will lose leg room for rear seats.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joey4420 View Post
    Yes D2 seats (front) can fit in a D1 or just get aftermarket seat heaters for existing seats, which is what I would do. Or buy aftermarket seats with seat heaters installed.

Same plug D1 or D2 if I recall correctly.

If you try to install the D2 rear seats in a D1 you will lose leg room for rear seats.
    Or you could remove the switch panel in the console, rummage around in the wiring loom in there and see if you have two unused connectors, one green, one brown or maybe white, if they are there, you have factory installed heated seats, just add a left and right heated seat switch from (who else) Rovers North.....

note: Some Discos had this installation as part of the "cold weather pac" They just forgot to install the switches...
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

check the intake for the heater in your truck, my 96 disco has too much heat.