Thread: y pipe misalign.

Default y pipe misalign.

(same post on d90. if someone here has a clue, lemmie know. its sunday, and id like to get this done today, but as of now i certain im screwed. )

i have the exhaust torn off of the 110 to replace the y pipe. the drivers side cat went. when the passenger side went, i had one welded in since the pipe is as solid as a rock. why waste it. well, turned out to be a PITA, so i figure this time ill just replace the whole enchilada and bought a proline pipe from rovers north.....

it doesnt ****ing fit.

first, it had 4 o2 bungs.... no biggie i figure... prolly the same pipe for different years... so i sealed them up.... i get the thing on the headers and move back to the muffler section and low an behold, its 1/2" to low because the pipe "y" is further back than the original, and the passenger side bend is banging into the transmission drain plug....

WHAT THE ****!!! now i have a god damn disabled rig in my driveway blocking my landcruisers.

Follow-up Post:

is it possible they sent the wrong y pipe? maybeeeeeeee a d90 with an r380 pipe? if theres such an animal? how the hell can this thing be so wrong?

Default Y-Pipe Issues

Hi Scott,

Please give me a call at your earliest conmvenience to discuss the issue with installing the y-pipe. 1-800-403-7591
    Arthur Patsouris
    Sales Manager
    Rovers North Sales Team

(duplicate post from d90.)

ok. here goes.... gonna call in a few minutes. we'll see how this goes! hopefully its a good customer service post in the end...

Follow-up Post:

i spoke to Arthur, and he pulled some pipes. theres a sticker mismatch, and the pipe i got was actually a DII pipe.

hes sending the proper pipe and and a pickup label for the wrong one.

assuming all goes well, i'd call that excellent service. some of the landcruiser shops dont return calls for weeks..

same exact problem with the new pipe. its the same thing with 2 fewer 02 bungholes. mutherfocker im pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    same exact problem with the new pipe. its the same thing with 2 fewer 02 bungholes. mutherfocker im pissed.

Welcome to Land Rover world.
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

i discussed via email the issue with RN, and were at the "youre the first" stage. as such, were just gonna scrap the plan, and return the goods. the trucks DT is 100% stock, and they have all the pertinent pics, so i hope they figure it out.

So do I, because my driver's side cat is rattling like gravel in a juice can. Genuine is too much so it's either Pro-Line, or NRP (I've got NRP from the Y pipe back).