Thread: 110 engine swap

Default 110 engine swap

I am hoping to buy a 110 in the next year or so, probably a right hand drive 83-84 import. Do all the 90/110's share the same bulkhead? Specifically, can you swap a v8 into a 2.5 without cutting on the bulkhead? I know with a series, the 2.25 and the six bulkheads are a bit different but did not know if the 110 bulkheads were universal. i will really need a v8 so I can tow a camper and they are not as common.

Thanks
    '65 Series IIa (not running)
    "73 Series III (not running)
    (combining the two to make one.)
    '00 Disco II

it will not be an issue but there are minor differences in the later bulkheads. easy to fit any of the LR engines and drivetrains into the 90s and 110s. get the newest vehicle you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlynIIa View Post
    I am hoping to buy a 110 in the next year or so, probably a right hand drive 83-84 import. Do all the 90/110's share the same bulkhead? Specifically, can you swap a v8 into a 2.5 without cutting on the bulkhead? I know with a series, the 2.25 and the six bulkheads are a bit different but did not know if the 110 bulkheads were universal. i will really need a v8 so I can tow a camper and they are not as common.

Thanks
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

In early 90's and 110's the bulkheads are all the same except for trucks headed to Saudi and the tropics (they had no heaters so no cut out in the bulkhead). The 90/110/defenders use different floors and tunnel covers for the different engines so you would need to swap those out. Easy enough to do.

Its pretty easy to find an early v8 truck, and they have those lt85 (IIRC) combo trans-tcases. Its really a great transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Its pretty easy to find an early v8 truck, and they have those lt85 (IIRC) combo trans-tcases. Its really a great transmission.
    I think you mean LT95

Probably Terry, I'm not one for nomenclatures!

Get that brake job done?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Get that brake job done?
    Uh, um, I'm working myself up to it? Yeah, that's it, giving it ALOT of thought but not much else. Actually, the truth is, I sold my 109, and have been working nonstop on my 88 so it will be ready when the sap starts running. Are you still commuting to Beantown?