X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbmayfield
    Low Range
    • Nov 2009

04 Disco II suspension upgrade

I am looking into upgrading the stock suspension in my 2004 Disco SE7. I want to go with OME shocks and springs. Does anyone have experience in this upgrade? Is it a good idea to replace the suspension bushings too? Will the heavy duty springs and shocks make on-road driving uncomfortable? Is there anything else I need to be aware of with this upgrade? Thanks --Jim
  • vansdonk
    Low Range
    • Oct 2008

I have RTE's 2 inch lift on my DII. The springs are the heavy duty ones and I went with the middle range duty OME shock. This doesn't effect highway performance at all. Sometimes I feel alittle more of the pavement than I like, but it sure beats what was on there. RTE springs are the bomb.
    Kristi
    1969 Series IIa 109
    1970 Series Wagon
    1974 1/2 MGB
    2004 Disco II-last of her kind

Comment

• jbmayfield
      Low Range
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for the info, does the two inch lift affect cornering/handling of your DII? Maybe the handling is better with the OME shocks? Thanks -Jim

Comment

• vansdonk
        Low Range
        • Oct 2008

I haven't noticed any difference in handling at all. I think that center of gravity will be affected once you reach over 3-5 inches and start disconnecting sway bars and such. Really the only differences are that it takes the soccer mom look away and you have a bit more maneuverability over some obstacles. We have friends who do not have a lift, just stock, and they are always rubbing on things on the trail. I wouldn't go back.
        Kristi
        1969 Series IIa 109
        1970 Series Wagon
        1974 1/2 MGB
        2004 Disco II-last of her kind

Comment

• eli.s
          Low Range
          • Nov 2009

i drive a disco II 2002 i have 66000m on it. I've upgraded my shocks to ironman foam cell about 1000m ago, my OE shocks were OK, but since i've put on the ironman - let me tell you - it's a new and better truck. it used to be ruff but now it's much smother. i took it off road a couple of times and with stock tires it handled amazing!

Comment

• jbmayfield
            Low Range
            • Nov 2009

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I am excited to get the new suspension on my DII. Does anyone know if along with the shocks and springs, I need to change the suspension bushings also? thanks

Comment

Working...