Thread: help with figuring out the size bolt i need

Default help with figuring out the size bolt i need

Hi

I have a 1995 classic and i took out the glove box to do some work. I had the four little bolts that hold it on at the bottom all nicely laid out on a table in the basement and well a few weeks later someone being "helpful" decided she would "clean" the basement and now those bolts are gone.

Im trying to save my self from buying a bunch of small bolts trying to figure out what size they were. If anyone knows or if anyone has a 95 and is willing to check, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

PS its the four bolts at the bottom on the outside of the glove box that hold the hinges to to dash

Ed,
    I would be willing to bet that the four volts that secure the glove box hinges in place are the same size as the bolts adjacent to the hinges holding the inner frame of the dash in place. Pull one of the bolts (7mm IIRC) closest to the hinges out and see if it will work holding the glove box in place If so, then just take that bolt to the hardware store, get four more and you should be set.
    Cheers,
    Paul

PS, I PMed you about a pair of really nice rear corners I have in stock.
    paulgrant@mac.com
    203-770-1699

thanks for the suggestion. I tried another bolt and it wasnt the right size but that gave me a basis to guess the correct one.

It ends up being M5 .80 and 16mm length

4 of them for 85 cents and i refrained from any grumpiness at the "helpful" cleaner