Thread: SW gas gauge sender unit

Default SW gas gauge sender unit

I just recieved one of the replacement sender units for a rear mounted tank in my 5 door and wanted to check to make sure that I am doing it right before installing it

I connected the two pieces - the one with the float and the upper piece that mounts to the tank - with the two small c clips that were included but seems like they can slide quite a bit

1. Should I bend the ends of each of the rods so the c clips can not slide off?
    2. How do I calibrate / adjust it so that F=full and E=empty

Quote Originally Posted by lrover109 View Post
    I just recieved one of the replacement sender units for a rear mounted tank in my 5 door and wanted to check to make sure that I am doing it right before installing it

I connected the two pieces - the one with the float and the upper piece that mounts to the tank - with the two small c clips that were included but seems like they can slide quite a bit

1. Should I bend the ends of each of the rods so the c clips can not slide off?
    2. How do I calibrate / adjust it so that F=full and E=empty
    You measure the distance between the top of the tank and the bottom and make the distance between the sender unit and the float that long. You can shorten it a little if you want a 'reserve'.

If that gets a bit confusing (with needing to take in the depth of the unit and so on, you can just clip it together, slip it in and see if it hits the bottom at all - then adjust til it just barely touches. THEN make it last.

When I did mine years ago I soldered the clips onto the rods. Putting a little bend in on each side of the clips would do nearly the same thing.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Thanks will knock it out tonight