Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIIa interior panels

Default SIIa interior panels

The attached pic is from our newfound sticky on Rovers waiting to be rescued. Are these red-outlined panels factory for my 69 IIa 88?

I had not seen these rear panels before. Then again, except for my seats, there ARE no panels in mine!

Thanks,

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

My '64 came with them - same elephant hide as the seats so I always assumed they were from the factory
    '72 88" - daily driver
    '64 109 SW - project in waiting

Those deluxe trim panels were fitted to Station Wagon models, along with the individual jump seats and rear door.

Regards, Andrew
    '63 SIIA 88" SW

Default They also came on my 1970 IIA, with rear bench seats.

In black; the head bumpers also go above the front doors.

My '74 SIII has all of that in black except the rear door.
    74 SIII
    96 Disco SE-7 5 Spd.

yeah my '63 has that identical layout...
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Default Thanks!

I have some work then ahead of me to make some patterns. I'll assume they have the same pressboard backing found elsewhere. I now see the mounting holes for the front and rear pieces in my body panels. Would it be correct to think the top piece mount up with the roof bolts? If someone has them out and would be kind enough to post some measurements, that would make for a very merry Xmas!

Cheers!

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

Quote Originally Posted by 4flattires View Post
    I have some work then ahead of me to make some patterns. I'll assume they have the same pressboard backing found elsewhere. I now see the mounting holes for the front and rear pieces in my body panels. Would it be correct to think the top piece mount up with the roof bolts? If someone has them out and would be kind enough to post some measurements, that would make for a very merry Xmas!

Cheers!

Jeff
    Jeff,

They're really easy to make. The front can be made with a small peice of angle iron (alum or steel, whatever you got) and some 1/4 " ply or pressboard. The angle rolls over that front edge. The rear is the same. The head peice was actually a piece of sheet steel, with a few tabs on the back that hooked over the sill on the hardtop. Obviously, you can make them however you wish, and then just cover them with vinyl.

Good luck
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

A friend who made my new wooden seat frames and bottoms for my individual folding rear seats used white board and varnished the back side to make them a little more water resistant than plain pressboard. It was the same thickness and worked very well. Just something to consider.
    Jim

Default Nice tip Jim!

Thanks!

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks