Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIIa interior panels

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

just an fyi...

Vinyl elephant hide material is available from stock - Exmoor Trim, sold per 1 meter x 127cm.
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-1...r-x-127cm.aspx
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

There is a PVC sheet material called Cintra that signmakers use that is available in various thicknesses (and colors). It is very stable and will not deteriorate if it gets wet as the original organic materials will. It is easily worked with hand tools.

I used it to make interior panels on another restoration project and, covered with vinyl or leather, is a good solution.

Did the rear upper clam shell have an interior panel?

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Darn, wished i read this post about two weeks ago. I just removed and reconditioned / recovered all of my trim pieces. Could have drawn up sizes for you.
    The top pieces are on a sheet metal frame with tabs that hook on roof galv rim. The back Top ones have an additional set of tabs that hook on the channel above the window. There are also screws on each end of these.
    The lower vertical ones are pressboard. The front ones have two clips on the back side that attach to holes on side panels and a thin alum angle tha goes around front on side panels. The rear ones have two clips on the front and a tab toward the rear.
    There is also a sheetmetal trim piece coveredin headliner fabric at the top of the windscreen. It attaches with a screw in the center through mirror mount and one on each end that attaches to tabs on the front of the frim pieces over the doors.
    This probably means squat if your working blind.

But does the rear upper clam shell have an interior panel?

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Don't use wood at all. GO to a marine store and get Starboard or equivolent. Basically it's a poly that you can cut like wood. Home Depot may have similar poly boards used for exterior trim as well.

I'm not sure about what comes with a clamshell door for trim. I retrofitted my 88 with a clamshell type door ftom the standard station wagon door. I glued some closed cell foam covered with headliner material in that area. Do you have a headliner in the truck, typically not with a clamshell. You could easily trim this area in the same material as the trim pieces if you want. Do not think it wouldbe the same as original, who cares your truck.