Thread: Memory seat bypass

Default Memory seat bypass

As my seat / mirror ECU has given up the ghost finally I want to bypass it and wire like the passenger ( Non Memory ) seat

Has anyone done this ? If so can you let me know how it went and save me the brain strain of figuring it out for myself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Pat View Post
    As my seat / mirror ECU has given up the ghost finally I want to bypass it and wire like the passenger ( Non Memory ) seat

Has anyone done this ? If so can you let me know how it went and save me the brain strain of figuring it out for myself

Thanks
    Does the ECU need a new battery?
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Worked fine ( but no memory ) until i had the seat recovered now will not reset just moves the mirrors. New battery tried, switch cleaned etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Pat View Post
    Worked fine ( but no memory ) until i had the seat recovered now will not reset just moves the mirrors. New battery tried, switch cleaned etc.
    Have you looked for a bad wire connection or a pinched wire?

Sorry for not answering you about how to bypass the system.

I would say it's a plug connector that's not fully pushed in or the person that recovered the seats may have snipped a wire. I have done that when removing the wire ties
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

I was going to check the connectors when I take the seat out to bypass but think I am gonna have to go the bypass route

I had not thought about the upholsterers underside work, I was too busy admiring topside.....Good Idea
    Last edited by Ex-Pat; 12-21-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Default IIRC

i haven't bypassed the memory function yet but i did take out the ecu and controllers and i think to do it easily you will need another non memory seat control. i believe the standard 8 pin plug from the truck plugs into the ecu and then a different style plug from the memory control plugs into the ecu. therefore if you get another non memory seat control it will plug into the standard non memory 8 pin plug on the truck.
    at least this is what i remember currently. what i do know is that the memory seat control has a different style plug than the non memory version. the memory seat control only works control current with more than 8 wires where as the non memory seat control carries full operating current with 8 wires exactly.

maybe this helps a little

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖