Thread: Snow Plow Choice

Default Snow Plow Choice

I am looking to buy a Series III to use to plow my driveway. Does anyone have a suggestion as to whether this is a good idea? Any recommendations as to the type of plow and type of mounting bracket? Thanks.

Plowing snow puts enormous forces on a vehicle chassis. Of course, old rusty chassis are a seires land rover trademark weak point. It saddens me to hear about plows on series land rovers when there are so many more sutiable, more disposable vehicles out there...
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    It saddens me to hear about plows on series land rovers when there are so many more sutiable, more disposable vehicles out there...
    Amen.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Default RE: Snow Plow Choice

Hi all,

I decided to go with the lightweight SUV type plow. No hydryaulics ... it bounces along on 3" thick by 6" tall piece of rubber under the aluminum plow body.

Ike at Pangolin4x4 came through with a front 2" mount for the SnowSport SnowPlow for my Series III.

Quick job to push the 3" from last night out of the way this morning.

Some pictures are at:
    http://gallery.me.com/christopheretesse#100234

The total weight is light compared to a traditional snow plow job, and I can easily personally take it on and off.

Just a thought

Chris