Page 224 of 229 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Default Should Have Been At The Office......

Could someone please tell me how to get these images rotated properly, however here's my day!

Today my Rover went from:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	10798

To this:

Name:	Two.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	10799

To This:

Name:	Three.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	10800

And finally to this:

Name:	Four.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	10801

A full day, but a great result! Now, when I get the Wolf wheels back from the powder coater in Marine Blue.....
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8
    '95 RRC LWB, deceased.....
    '75 Forward Control GS, 72 FL 64, gone to CA!

Cool Front Brakes Re Build

Had a lot of brake issues. Brett and Linus from Santa Cruz have re done the front brakes on my 1967 Land Rover Station
    It has 11 x 3 brakes, and now a new set on drums installedAttachment 10802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8373.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	10803

Also, shoes,Cyl and brake adjusters

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Added new "fuel cel" since the old gas tank is kaput and removed. Started the Landy for the first time in over a year, little carb clean to the carb, crank it a few timew, a couple of coughs, and shazam!!! now it starts first turn of the key. Now to finish cleaning the garage of "detrietus" that has accumulated over the winter, and be able to begin frame repairsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP4061.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	10804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP4059.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	10805

Getting my 109 SW ready for a run down to Mass to pick up the old playset from my brother and sister-in-law in Wakefield.
    Changed the transmission oil and found a tooth - it looks like its been there for quite awhile so I am not going to worry about it tooo much . . . for now. didn't change the transfer case oil because the trannie oil tends to migrate and over time that oil will get replaced . . .
    Also drove it for the first time since tightening up the bolts that hold the steering box to the frame - not quite as wayward as its been the last few years of little to no driving!
    The diff leaks when full - trying to decide if I should replace the seal in the nose of the diff or just swap diffs with one form another Rover . . .
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by clearcut View Post
    Had a lot of brake issues. Brett and Linus from Santa Cruz have re done the front brakes on my 1967 Land Rover Station
    It has 11 x 3 brakes, and now a new set on drums installedAttachment 10802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8373.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	10803

Also, shoes,Cyl and brake adjusters

josh
    Josh,

Where did you source the drums from? I am in need of a pair but they are very pricey.

Larry

Josh,

At that price plus shipping you may want to look at disc brakes. I know too late now, but it would cross my mind.

Sean
    Sean
    1971 Series IIA Dormobile

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinLight View Post
    Josh,

At that price plus shipping you may want to look at disc brakes. I know too late now, but it would cross my mind.

Sean
    No kidding. Almost $500 for two drums is ridiculous! Series 3, 6 cyl drums, with larger lug holes, are 1/3 the price. I am looking at machining some spacers to be able to safely run those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by landerley View Post
    No kidding. Almost $500 for two drums is ridiculous! Series 3, 6 cyl drums, with larger lug holes, are 1/3 the price. I am looking at machining some spacers to be able to safely run those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my Dormobile has the Euro 6 so I assume larger brake drums. I have yet to pull the drums and adjust the brakes but when I do I will be checking to see which models I have. At that price I will be scrapping and going with discs as once you add pads and MCs you are getting in the relm of discs. Mine is not original nor will it stay that way so it should not matter in the long run.
    Sean
    1971 Series IIA Dormobile

Today I'm picking my Rover up from the shop where, at long last, I had a new roll bar fabricated and rear crossmember welded in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131307.../shares/o4BdfS
    '75 SIII 109 Diesel - I'm in deep.