Page 178 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Series88 View Post
    installed the "new" refurbished doors on one side, got the other side to go on when I get the RHS door top and bonnet
    is it going to make it to conclave?
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Found that my low beam and both side lights were out. Dug into my old parts cabinet and found the Hella bulb that had been sitting in there for the past...I don't know...10 years and installed it. Replaced the bulbs in the side lights and found that despite the plinths being some of the newest parts on the Rover, the plastic had dried out and cracked over the past six years.

I'll need to find some suitable replacements. Nonetheless, new bulbs and all is well.
    Seth

'67 IIa 109 Station Wagon (the daughter's toy)
    2003 XC70 (for the dog)
    2006 XC70 (for the wife/daughter/son)
    2002 650 Dakar (for trip planning purposes)

Dropped the third member to install an Eaton Truetrac and most likely ROAM axel shafts. Discovered the PO figured RTV black is superior to paper gaskets for the axels and differential, so out came the BFH and air chisel...
    '67 sIIa 88

Drove it to Madrid, NM and had lunch with a friend then drove home in the hills during a great rain storm.
    Therefore, I washed it!

new shocks, valve adjustment, new points, cap, rotor, condenser, plugs, gas filter.

adjusted carb, blew out idle jet

Very good. I thought I was pretty productive with: replaced a stripped carb nut, greased all the grease points, new fuel filter, checked and oiled the distributor, adjusted the fan-belt tension, cleaned the oil breather, sprayed the leaf springs, and checked/topped off the oil.

Default Roverdrive

Finally got time to drive the 500+ miles to rescue my stranded series III and installed a new Roverdrive to replace the old failed fairey unit. what an improvement! I also fixed a broken thermostat housing bolt and tried to no avail to fix a leaking diesel fuel filter. I will try again on that one. All in all a great weekend! now I get to drive her to work!

Default Binnacle Gauge Joy!

Fixed a faulty temperature gauge by routing the voltage through the voltage stabilizer. Wiring originally went direct to the gauge. This did not fix my fuel gauge issue, though. Driving home tonight, noticed that the fuel gauge had gone from F to 1/2 at about half a tank. Whoppee! Maybe i jiggled the ground enough at the tank to get it to work? Bad news was the speedo/odo was reading zero. Hopefully the cable just came loose at the speedo. Got a feeling that when the speedo is fixed the fuel gauge will go back to F.

Swapped in new front driveshaft complete with new u-joints. Sanded, primed and painted 2 roofsides. Replaced window tracks and reinstalled glass in roofside.
    Mike

1969 Series IIa 88 2.25 petrol

Got my TrueTrac and ROAM axles installed. Also got the frame for my soft top bolted up.
    '67 sIIa 88