Page 179 of 229 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Quote Originally Posted by pjsank View Post
    Fixed a faulty temperature gauge by routing the voltage through the voltage stabilizer. Wiring originally went direct to the gauge. This did not fix my fuel gauge issue, though. Driving home tonight, noticed that the fuel gauge had gone from F to 1/2 at about half a tank. Whoppee! Maybe i jiggled the ground enough at the tank to get it to work? Bad news was the speedo/odo was reading zero. Hopefully the cable just came loose at the speedo. Got a feeling that when the speedo is fixed the fuel gauge will go back to F.
    Or maybe your landy is so fuel efficient that it actually makes gasoline as you drive it. Just dreaming.

Put the Tdi in the rolling chassis. Rolled it into the barn. Cleaned barn (took all day today). Installed shocks.

Tore the engine head off to to replace a blown head gasket. Ordered parts. With any luck, it will be back in action next weekend.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Bought a new to me 94 LWB

went to fix the lack of brake lights, and while pumping the pedal to check if I fixed them, the wheel cylinder decided to spit out all my brake fluid....

Tracking ups shipments of parts!

Rotated tires and inflated them to their normal pressure but best of all I just plain drove it.
    Jim

Weekly PMCS. Gotta love daily driver
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Installed new flex clutch line, bled clutch, topped off fluids for a 200 mile trip.
    1974 Series 3 SW - Current
    1995 Defender 90 SW - Sold 2009

Replaced a broken ft drive shaft boot, lubed all the universal joints. New points and Cond.
    And a bath.