Thread: Rear wiper blade - LR Discovery Series II (1999+)

Lightbulb Rear wiper blade - LR Discovery Series II (1999+)

Trying to save others some time, money, stress & headaches... There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement REAR blade on the 1999-2004 Land Rover Discovery Series II. It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special rear wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic, Love The Show...Thanks For Taking My Call

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Good suggestion and welcome to the Rovers North forum .

We offer the factory Genuine Land Rover Part for only $11.95 from stock.

Can be found by browsing > Land Rover Discovery > Discovery II > Windshield Wipers, Washers

RNW100 WIPER BLADE - REAR DISCOVERY II

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3245-wiper-blade-rear-discovery-ii.aspx
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

You can buy rear wiper blades at rovafarm.

http://www.rovahfarm.com/DiscoIBodyElectrical.htm
    Tony

Black '01 D2 Stock AMSOIL Synthetics

GO HOKIES !!

Default Ironhide

While it may be true that one may purchase a wiper arm at another website, this happens to be the Rovers North website. Yes, I have purchased a great many items from them, so perhaps my perspective is a wee bit biased, but I do believe advertising another website not approved by Rovers North is just wrong. And no, there is no alternative to purchasing a genuine Land Rover rear wiper blade unless you would like to scratch the rear glass to the point of score marks. It is a unique design that only a genuine part will fit.

Do you really think LR is the only one making these wipers?

I know the genuine one I put on didn't even last one summer.

Steve
    71 IIa 88
    01 D2

Actually, yes, they are. There is not an aftermarket replacement that fits appropriately, and you can't purchase one at the local Wal-Mart. For a whopping $11.00 and change, it is just not worth the hassle to cut an aftermarket wiper to fit. True, they may not last long, but the LR Genuine Parts do fit. My main contention, though, is that it is inappropriate to use the Rovers North forum to direct people to other sites or products without previous approval by Rovers North. We are all enthusiasts here. Only the best parts will do, and they are either Genuine or Pro Line.

Arrow Rear wiper blade part number and install video

Quote Originally Posted by jeff618 View Post
    Trying to save others some time, money, stress & headaches... There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement REAR blade on the 1999-2004 Land Rover Discovery Series II. It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special rear wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.
    Here is the rear wiper blade part number info.

Here is the installation video for the rear wiper (see Snap Claw arm attachment xx-D).
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic, Love The Show...Thanks For Taking My Call

Exclamation

It is either Genuine and fits, or aftermarket and doesn't fit correctly. Like I said months ago, out of respect for Rovers North, don't advertise another company's product on the forum. To direct business away from RN is just plain wrong, especially since your doing it on their turf.