Thread: Slow Blinkers

Default Slow Blinkers

I have a 2000 Disco II and when the temps fall my blinkers wont work
    untill the inside cabin gets warm Has anyone had this problem?
    I did change out the relay but it didnt do any good

A blinker didn't work first 20min or so before engine warmed up sufficiently in sub zero temperature from a trip to northern New Hamphire last week. (btw, no blinker needed much since there weren't many cars anyway and it was such a beautiful serene winter landscape.)

I thought my disco was the only vehicle in the world has this unusual problem....
    I called a few dealers and all said they haven't heard this problem from anyone but one of technician provided me a piece of information where to look.

He told me 2000 DiscoII has a seperate flasher relay to control blinker speed but I am not able to locate a relay in the fuse box exclusively dedicated to blinker speed. I am still in troubleshooting mode. Turn signal switch itself is a $270 part(dealer price). I doubt its malfunction since turn signal works.

Which relay did you change?

Disco II, 2000, 90K mi, Northern NJ - http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/Discovery_2000/

I have the same problem, I just hit my blinker a mile before the turn and hope it kicks on in time

I waited until it was working opend the fuse box turned on blinker left or right
    and put my finger on the one that the sound was comming from.
    I cant figure this one out either/

Going on "trying to remember since I'm not at work" memory, the relay might be internal to the fuse box. Can't remember if it's that or the wiper relay. Try to access RAVE (I think it might be available for d/l) & check the wiring diagram. The biggest problem I ever saw w/actually switches going bad was wiper stalks. When it would freeze once every 3 years down here, folks would try to turn on their wipers when they were still frozen to the windshield & burn up the switch internally.

I have the same problem in cold weather as well. For the past two years, I just have to be extra careful for the first 20 minutes or so until is warms up, and remember to signal way in advance. It take about 5-7 seconds for the signal to finally start to blink when it does this.

kh500 - great pictures!!
    Tony

Black '01 D2 Stock AMSOIL Synthetics

GO HOKIES !!

Exclamation Ironhide

What you may also want to look at, very simply, are the bulbs. I have a '99 Disco II that I bought in October '09, and one of the first things I did was replace every interior and exterior bulb with genuine Land Rover bulbs from Rovers North (these bulbs are not available anywhere else). The bulbs I replaced were there from the date of manufacture, and aside from the fact they were cloudy from years of operation, they were also slow to respond. Haven't had a problem since. Takes a while to do, but ten year old bulbs need to be replaced.