Well it only took three weeks, but today the injection pump for the 2.5 na diesel is back! It was only (Never say only when talking about money...) $485., so much cheaper than buying a rebuilt unit. The shop had never seen anything quite like the Lucas pump and the techs there were fighting over who got to work on it! My guess is everybody got a peak at it and hopefully the combined knowledge led to a primo rebuild, guess we'll have to wait and see. They said they bench tested it and set it to specs (What ever they are...) but my only concern is it's so CLEAN it will look out of place in there. Now begins the re-assembly with new timing belt, tensioner, water pump and lift pump. It will be slow going as I just had my shoulder operated on last week, but I'm chomping at the bit to get going. Also just picked up a 3 hp/60 gallon air compressor so I'll be asking a lot of painting questions in the near future. I like the camo paint and will want to keep it, just needs cleaning up in places (Like windshield frame, doors etc.)
Geoff