Thread: Purge Canister Valve

Default Purge Canister Valve

My tags were due to expire and I took my rig in and found out I need a purge canister valve. Apparently the manufacturer is no longer around and there is a waiting list for this part. Anyone know a work around for this or any suggestions? Anyone know the part number or have pictures of the part?

Default Purge valve

I had to replace the valve on my dII about 6months ago, it was causing rough idle and obviously it's not purging. I got my valve through Roy Rogers in Springfield missouri

Purge Valve – OBD-II Code Fault P0445 - For the D2, Use a Hyundai (2000 Sonata V6 & others) purge valve Hyundai part# 28910-22040 that will run you $30-$40 or so. It's just the purge valve itself. The LR part has the purge valve with hoses attached to both ends. Just use the existing hoses with the Hyundai purge valve. All you really need is the purge valve. It is about 3-4 inches long with plastic inlet and outlet that fit in the hoses and the middle is fat where the valve is located with an electrical plug-in located on the valve. The middle of the purge valve is where the valve is located and is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches long in the middle section where the valve is located. Made of what looks like grayish-black plastic. Note, there is an inlet and outlet side, inlet side needs to go closer to the firewall, and outlet towards the front bumper. I think an arrow points from the inlet to the outlet, if I remember correctly.

See Picture in link below. May be able to get it at most any local parts store is you ask for the Hyundai purge valve for the 2000 Sonata V6 as stated above.

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...ndai&md=Sonata

SYSTEM DESCRIPTION:
    This system controls flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The opening of the vapor by-pass passage in the EVAP canister purge control solenoid valve changes to control the flow rate. The EVAP canister purge control solenoid valve repeats ON/OFF operation according to the signal sent from the ECM. The opening of the valve varies for optimum engine control. The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by considering various engine conditions. When the engine is operating, the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister is regulated as the air flow changes.

The purge valve is located just to the right and under the throttle body area and runs back to front. Two factory type hose clamps that you have to squeeze to release and have to re-squeeze when you put it back together to get the catch to lock again. You also have to unplug the two-pin eletronics connector that talks to the computer and then reconnect to the new purge valve. I think there is a release you have to push while puling the connection apart. I think I may have used a flat blade screen driver to pus the catch while I pulled the connection apart, but not real sure.