Thread: Three Amigos AGAIN! HELP!

Default Three Amigos AGAIN! HELP!

For the second time within a year a have the Three Amigos. I purchased my 2000 Discovery brand new and it has been a love/hate relationship. I love it, it hates me.

The last time this occurred...I left the dealer do the repair. There diagnoses was of course a $1000.00 wheel sensor hub. (I had the three amigos once before, the dealer reset it and didn't make a repair...it stayed away for months...when it reappeared the code pinpointed a different wheel sensor...IMAGINE!)

SO, this makes me wonder if the expensive fix is necessary.

I read the code with my neighbors OBDII scanner and the code is P1590.
    It would not reset. (This was a very cheap scanner). The abs seems to be working, but maybe not like it should. Hill decent and traction control are questionable.

I have read lots of suggestions on internet. I am mechanically inclined so I am not afraid to try any suggestions.

PLEASE HELP! What do you think?

This is the best investment I have made on my LR.
    It's paid for itself a couple times over all ready.

ABS Amigo

Steve
    71 IIa 88
    01 D2

I looked at these....will this reader reset the lights? I have read at times three amigos may just need reset and go away. Mine came on during a slush storm.

What other readers reset the lights? This one seems very good, but expensive for my taste.

I found some real fancy ones on ebay...but unsure what will reset lights and help more so in the troubleshooting process.

Yes it will reset the fault codes.
    Than you plug it into your computer with a usb cable, open the text file and it will tell you the code along with a brief description.
    Any other reader is going to be at least twice as much but most will do more.
    But these a usually locked to one VIN Number, meaning you can only use it on one vehicle.

Steve
    71 IIa 88
    01 D2