Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn signal lens colour?

Default Turn signal lens colour?

So, do the turn signals on the front wing have to be amber? Mine at the moment are a hodge-podge of Defender and SIII bits and are all broken and barely working... I want to replace the whole signal on each side, and our hosts have a full kit for each side - but they only have clear lenses on them (these ones). Is that still okay to use?

I've only seen amber lights for original turn signals. If you are set on those lights, then why not just put an amber bulb in them?
    Otherwise, I suggest getting the Euro Defender light kit:
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-1...-defender.aspx

Amber bulbs... Hmm... I didn't really think of that one!

What about this kit from our hosts?
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-17090-lamp-kit-euro-style-series-and-defender.aspx

I know it's not for rivet counters, but it may be worth considering?
    1982 SIII 109 RHD petrol project.

Quote Originally Posted by brucejohn View Post
    What about this kit from our hosts?
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-17090-lamp-kit-euro-style-series-and-defender.aspx

I know it's not for rivet counters, but it may be worth considering?
    In Europe this is what is factory fitted and the original looking set, from the Series II to the Series III models. (some models had glas lenses though)

early ones are clear, later ones are amber

Similar question on rear turn signal lenses - my '65 has two red lenses on each side and I always thought that was how it came but most pics I have seen since show these with amber lenses for the turn signals. My truck was basically a barn find which sat for a few decades before I got it, but that doesn't mean the original owner didn't change them at some point.

At any rate, one of the lenses needs to be replaced so if it should have amber ones I will buy 2 of those.

It is an original US truck, not a recent import, if that makes a difference.

The fronts are both clear.

I believe that the IIAs came with all red lenses on the rear. That's the way my old 63 IIA was.

Thanks, I believe that is correct and the pics I was looking at were of later IIAs. Ike's post above was the clue - early IIAs have both clear lenses up front and both red lenses on rear.

Now I just need to find the rubber bits for the front ones ...

The front on mine has clear on top, amber on the bottom (bottoms are turn signals). The rear has amber on top, and red on the bottom (tops are turn signals). This is an '76 SIII 109 from England.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S