Thread: Service Engine Soon and OBDI reading P1414, windshield wipers don't work

Default Service Engine Soon and OBDI reading P1414, windshield wipers don't work

I just purchased a 2003 Disco II 87,000 miles for my 16yr old son. I have records of upkeep (bot from my brother). Two days after my brother delivered ,the Service Engine Soon lite came on but Disco is running fine. Took it to the local AutoZone for an error report and the OBDI reader displays P1414? Talked to my brother and he had the Disco serviced with oil, filter, and checkup before he drove it too me. He told me up front the windshield wiper was not working, his son had to toggle the switch and it would eventually work but that stopped about a week ago. Any clues on the P1414 error troubleshoot before I take it to Land Rover dealership or Indi?

First don't take it to the dealer unless you have lots of money to waste.

Second the wiper is probably just a bad switch.... can be changed in about 20 minutes by anyone.

1414 is a secondary air issue... probably a leaking vacuum line going to the air system...

http://www.eobd2.eu/DTCL.asp
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

Ty Joey4420 for the response. Took to an independent certified LR guru advised by a friend and your diagnosis was completely accurate. All is good You
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey4420 View Post
    First don't take it to the dealer unless you have lots of money to waste.

Second the wiper is probably just a bad switch.... can be changed in about 20 minutes by anyone.

1414 is a secondary air issue... probably a leaking vacuum line going to the air system...

http://www.eobd2.eu/DTCL.asp