Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Pump

I bought a fuel pump kit and rebuilt it for $89 and I found the crankshaft position sensor for 38 delivered. I hope I didn't get something I will need to replace again soon. Still waiting for delivery myself. Hope to get mine no later than monday.

I hope this forum isn't intended for the members to purchase solely from Rovers North. If it is then I will have to stop posting after this. I love the ability to compare prices and when you can find parts that will put your Disco II back on the road, then lets share the information that will work for all. Some of us can't afford to pay 450 plus every time the truck wont start. We have land rovers cause we all discovered the true ability in challenging terrain. As for me, I will shop around and take the best route for me.

Thanks Rovers north for making this forum. It is very informative and if it wasnt for the forum I would give up on land rovers because of the difficulty to get someone to help you work on them. I used to change oil on my cars but since being on workers comp for the last 2 yrs I have had to take my cars to walmart to get the oil changed but walmart wont work on land rovers. WTH!! I had to pay extra to have someone come to my house. The closest Land rover mechanic is 2 hrs away from where I live.
    Luis Arellano
    www.zoomlenz4u.net

You, sir, are to be admired for your mechanical abilities. Any man who can rebuild a fuel pump for a Land Rover qualifies as an enthusiast. Best of luck to you!

Thx but I felt your scourging conviction that was intended for nhigdon11. I was defending him. I have bought from Rovers north when they had the best price and when it came to me fastest. I have shopped around and found great parts from many different places for both my 99 Disco II and my 96 Disco I. I also I also have a Nissan Titan that I do things to it. I'm not a mechanic but if I can figure it out if I can take it off, I can usually put it back on.
    Luis Arellano
    www.zoomlenz4u.net

Zoom, as I stated before, make sure you have a very long angled needle nosed pliers. They will help in the tight area you will be working in to get the connectors back together. I still have the bruises on my arms. I am curious where you got the rebuild kit for the fuel pump. I have saved the old pump and would like to keep it for a spare. I'm just a pack rat that way.
    I too love that the people on the other end of the phone at Rovers North were helpful and understanding.

Zoomlenz4U-
    My point was that other websites where parts can be purchased should not be mentioned on the Rovers North Forum as a courtesy to them for providing this service free of charge where all Land Rover enthusiasts can come for valuable advice.
    For example, say this is your website forum that you pay for yourself, and you sell the highest quality film for $90 as each roll is specifically made for each camera. Someone then posts the name of a competing film manufacturer with a price of $70 for a generic product of different quality that fits a great many cameras. To think only one person would view such a thing is incorrect. Anyone who visited the website could view it which would potentially result in thousands of lost sales to you. Money out of your pocket, so to speak.
    Anyone can come here for advice, and I myself have frequently given direction to a great many enthusiasts asking for help with the Disco II, given the countless hours I have spent working on it. Scrivets, cowls, blanking plugs, replacing every interior and exterior bulb, tires, suspension, and those near impossible special order parts that are required for maintenence, I am happy to provide what I know about these things for those with such issues, and I refer them to Rovers North for purchasing.
    However, if someone asks about items not sold through Rovers North, such as tires, first aid kits, air compressors, touch up paint, certain decals, etc., I have no problem replying as it does not compete with the products that are offered here.
    By the way, your oil change. I recommend non-synthetic Mobil Clean 5000 High Mileage for the Disco II. It has a 5,000 mile change interval, and it really does clean out the gunk in the oil pan-it goes in honey colored and drains out jet black. That means it is getting the dirt out, which you want. I tried Castol GTX High Mileage, but found it did not clean the engine the way I wanted, barely a color difference when it was changed.
    Also, always replace the aluminum washer on the drain plug with every oil change.
    My best to you and have a great day.

Nice Reply Ironhide. I agree that it is a site that Rovers North so generously has available to its members for free and at the same time offers the parts that I would never attempt to buy from the majority of those other businesses. But the way you came at nhigdon11 made me feel unwelcome to the forum. I can only imagine how he felt. just saying.
    Luis Arellano
    www.zoomlenz4u.net

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the kind words. All are welcome here who seek assistance with Land Rovers (as long as the conditions are met from the webmaster-people have been banned for mentioning other places to buy parts. No joke). I am here to help, and I review this area almost on a daily basis just to be ahead of the curve. That way, if an issue arises that I have seen before, I know where to go for the answer, and if it is something that I have fixed and someone is experiencing, I can help quickly.
    I also can understand why you felt the way you did. I truly hope you continue to use this Forum to its utmost extent. Let's put it this way: I try to help everyone, even after butting heads. It's over and done with, and if there is an issue with someone's Disco II, I will always try to help, even if they get my name wrong. Twice.
    Enjoy the day, and may your fuel always be Shell V-Power. I get 1.5 more MPG (15.5-16.23 on average) with that than BP Ultimate. Mobil is close, but no banana.

Disco II was checked by Mechanic and it was diagnosed with an alarm/ECU problem. It was reset and it worked for a couple of months. Then it won't start again. gonna have to take it to a real land rover mechanic to get to the real problem. tail lights stopped working also. changed bulbs and still no go. This is getting old
    Luis Arellano
    www.zoomlenz4u.net