Thread: PARKING BRAKE

Question PARKING BRAKE

I need some help here. I have to drive three hours to look at my brothers 2001 Disco 2 park brakes. He says they work great cold, but after you have driven around, they don't hold. I don't know this vehicle at all, so can somebody tell me what type or design the park brakes are, so that I can be more prepaired, with the right tools. Are they on the rear discs or are they shaft mounted? How are they serviced or adjusted?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

It's a drum brake located on the output housing of the t/box.Very simple to adjust. It's a 13mm (I think) bolt that adjusts the shoes. It's all easily accessed under the vehicle. It's been a while since I've messed with one. I've actually never adjusted my '98. I can't imagine the shoes wearing out unless someone messed with it before. We never had problems with these. Can't say the same since they went to EPB.