Thread: Problems with 1999 Disco II, please help

Default Problems with 1999 Disco II, please help

Hello,

I bought a used 1999 Land Rover Discovery II from a private owner this past December and am experiencing some problems. For one the left side blinkers start to blink on and off then will get into a weird rhythm. They start blinking at a fast pace and just up and stop. However my right side blinkers work perfectly fine and work at a normal pace. Now this morning my blinkers won't even blink. And i got pulled over by the police because of it. Anybody know what's wrong and how much it might take to fix it. And now for the second problem. At time when I'm decelerating on the highway, I can here a high pitched noise in the passenger area. it doesn't sound like its from the engine area. What could this be? And last but not least, sometimes when I'm driving I hear a boop, boop, boop sound and the ABS, rear height lift, etc. lights come on. Why is this and how much to fix? Thank you.

Melendrez

OK, so here we go, as I have a '99 Disco II as well. First, the blinkers. Manually check the 3 bulbs (f/sidemarker/r). If none are burned out, check the fuses behind the driver's side knee panel (twist two retainers with a quarter to access). If that is fine, then there is a short in the system, or the stalk is non-functional. Use the hazard switch as a test to see if they work that way. Second, the high pitched noise on the highway. It is not from the passenger area, though it may sound like it. You have a good old fashioned throttle cable attached to the gas pedal. When you depress it at highway speeds, it will emit a high shrill as more fuel is entering the engine. When you take your foot off, it generally disappears, but the tire noise becomes prevalent. That to me is normal. Also, if you have a phone charger operating, there will be high pitched feed back that sounds just as similar. That is annoying. Third, the three amigos (HDC/TC/ABS). They all work with each other as all programs are routed through the ABS module. When one doesn't work, none do, and that is not cheap. The rear suspension, though, with the boop boop sounds, you may want to convert to coil springs and ditch the air springs. They need to be taken care of, as the air compressor, or they will fail. If that is inoperative, Rovers North can help you with that. When I bought my '99, I made sure it did not have rear air suspension, Active Cornering Enhancement, or the two rear jumpseats (came with the air suspension). The cost to maintain those features are just nutty. Hope this helps.