Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cost of 300tdi/R380 install?

I got a claw hammer from Home de pot to fit once. it went through the Birmabrite like butter. Left it for several weeks before filling hole with V8 oil fill cap. (yup, back to genuine parts)
    Matt Browne
    www.overlandengineering.com
    "resurecting junk through engineering"

Zooropa,

just to show that all engines from the UK aren't junked motors. These guys http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/index.html do rebuilt engines running from £1950 exchange (about $3000). Obviously you would have to ask them about a non exchange engine but they do ship world wide. They have an excellent reputation for quality here in the UK.They also do perfomance cylinder heads which again have a great reputation. I don't know anything about import regs into the US so that'll have to be something you work out.

All the best

kyle

One of the drawbacks of obtaining major units from the UK is warranty.
    Our experience has been that many suppliers are reluctant to follow up with after sales service.
    RN stands by their products, I am sure their are folks on this BBS who will chime in with their own feedback on this.

2p
    Last edited by Les Parker; 04-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Parker View Post
    I am sure their are folks on this BBS who will chime in with their own feedback on this.
    Its tempting but I will keep my mouth shut
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

thumb-up

Quote Originally Posted by Les Parker View Post
    One of the drawbacks of obtaining major units from the UK is warranty.
    Our experience has been that many suppliers are reluctant to follow up with after sales service.
    RN stands by their products, I am sure their are folks on this BBS who will chime in with their own feedback on this.

2p
    Les, like you mentioned, warranty support may not exist but whether or not that is needed, well that's something for the individual to decide. That's the beauty of living in America!

regards

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kylepres View Post
    Zooropa,

just to show that all engines from the UK aren't junked motors. These guys http://www.turner-engineering.co.uk/index.html do rebuilt engines running from £1950 exchange (about $3000). Obviously you would have to ask them about a non exchange engine but they do ship world wide. They have an excellent reputation for quality here in the UK.They also do perfomance cylinder heads which again have a great reputation. I don't know anything about import regs into the US so that'll have to be something you work out.

All the best

kyle
    To my knowledge Turner sells blocks,long blocks, and cylinder heads for use as replacements but no complete running units with all ancillarys for diesel conversions as per this thread.
    M&D http://www.mdengineering.co.uk/ is the premier kit exporter in the UK.
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland 110 View Post
    To my knowledge Turner sells blocks,long blocks, and cylinder heads for use as replacements but no complete running units with all ancillarys for diesel conversions as per this thread.
    M&D http://www.mdengineering.co.uk/ is the premier kit exporter in the UK.
    I believe that is correct. Not to mention a certain cylinder head that had a .002" step machined right down the middle of it. That was "within spec" according to the fine folks at Turner. Oops I said I was gonna keep my mouth shut. Ah well, that was over 10 years ago...
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."