Thread: question

Default question

i have a quick and hopefully easy question, i own a 1995 swb rr , i want to upgrade to a late model 2000- 2004 disco , or even a lr 3. I hope i cant get some guidence /tips on what would be the best year -- or problems to look for -thanks

Interestingly, the best years to purchase the Disco II, in my opinion, are '99-'00. This is for three simple reasons. First, one trim level in '99 and only one modification (compass in the mirror) for '00. Second, those years the transfer case was still equipped with a center diff lock, but it was never connected. A kit is available from Rovers North to enable this feature. Third, BMW ownership ended in 2000. When Ford took over, trim levels multiplied, the transfer case center diff lock was completely eliminated until 2004, the dashboard and carpet became black no matter what interior color was ordered, and a vinyl interior was available. Oh, and some of the '03-'04 Discos with the RR 4.6L engine had grenading oil pumps and leaked oil from the factory.
    Avoid the seven seater with the air suspension due to repair costs for the air springs, but you could replace those with the coils. Avoid the ACE suspension as well. When one of the hydraulic rams fails, you could still drive the Disco, but the repair costs will make your eyes water. You also cannot replace the rear air springs if you have this system, so you would be stuck with that issue as well.

thanks