Thread: Restoration Software for a Mac

Default Restoration Software for a Mac

Does anybody have a Mac software recommendation for managing a frame-off restoration? I've seen a few for Windows, but nothing for a Mac. I'm looking for something that can help me manage inventory and document the tear-down and rebuild process. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    1979 Land Rover Half-Ton GS

I would just use a spreadsheet. I've done that for multiple fix up sessions and it helps to track parts pricing. Somehow though, I still go over budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    I would just use a spreadsheet. I've done that for multiple fix up sessions and it helps to track parts pricing. Somehow though, I still go over budget.
    Thanks. I've been using Excel 2008 for my Mac. I find that it hogs quite a bit of system resources. I guess if I can't find any software I'll add more RAM and see if that fixes things. Of course, I'd be happier if Microsoft just came out with a version of Access for Mac.

http://docs.google.com/

or

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/

Both are free and have spreadsheets. You could give them a try.

I installed Open Office and the database program, Base, was not very robust. I checked Google docs and they really don't have a database. The spreadsheet is okay, but I like databases better. I guess I'll build a database in Access and run it via Parallels. Thanks!