Thread: Hybrid Recipe

Default Hybrid Recipe

My goal is to get body information from anyone whose done a D100 Defender hybrid

OK, I have a D1 Chassis, axles, Engine is suspect, maybe just a bad head gasket, solid chassis.

Going to Defenderize the front end, but struggling to figure out the best way of handling the body after the front doors. Given the overhang a 110 pick up rear bed that is shortened might be the best way forward.

But I'm not sure and want to hear from everyone whose done this about their experiences.

Thanks

your on the right track, series parts might be cheaper for the back end. Defender hood, grill and fenders make it easier, the late IIA and series three fenders can be made to work too. You can buy the frame outriggers from Rovers North or just make your own which is much cheaper. If the pick up body is too expensive you can also make a trayback.

Buy or download a copy of this:
    http://www.a4x4isborn.com/

He pretty much does what you want to do though with a RRC.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums