Thread: Spin-on Oil Filters

Default Spin-on Oil Filters

I've got a 74 Series III with a oil conversion done on it. So I can use a spin-on oil filter as oppose to older messier alernative. Right now it has a MANN Filter Model # W940/26. These aren't readily availbale in your local pep boys, but I want to know if there is an easily available equivalent, and/or if it really matters that much?

It looks like your oil filter is for a Land Rover Santana 2.3 Diesel.... The Wix oil filter number is WL7224, but I think that is a discontinued filter.

You might have to remove the filter and match it. Being a Santana, the mounting threads are likely metric.

Sorry I can't help more. My 109 spin on adapter uses a more common filter which is the same as the 3.9 V8.

Bob
    '02 Disco II SD
    '80 SIII 190
    '75 SIII 88 V8
    68 SIIA 109 V8

It's difficult to find a replacement alright, but trouble is it's not a diesel engine. Its a petrol engine.

I'm stumped.

I believe the adapter from the diesel will bolt onto the petrol block. You will need to check the diameter and thread of the mount, and the diameter of the rubber 'O' ring sealing surface. With that info I am sure a common replacement can be found, likely with a different length filter.

Bob
    '02 Disco II SD
    '80 SIII 109
    '75 SIII 88 V8
    '68 SIIA 109 V8

Your existing filter uses a 1-12 UNF thread, is 93mm in diameter, 142mm tall, has a sealing 'O' ring 62mm to 71mm wide, has a bypass and an anti drainback valve.

The supercharged Range Rover Sport oil filter uses a 1-12 UNF thread, is 76mm in diameter, 100mm tall and has a sealing 'O'ring 62mm to 71mm wide.

Try the WIX filter 57302, Fram PH 9010, Purolator L25522, Baldwin B1435, Champ PH 2009, Hastings LF510.

Bob

This is Great!!!! Thanks