Thread: Aftermarket Alarm....

Question Aftermarket Alarm....

I have a 95 Disco with some alarm issues and have (tentatively) decided to install an aftermarket alarm that I have sitting around. does anyone know of any issues I should be aware of or a site with any tips or anything so that I don't have to spend hours in RAVE looking everything up? the only thing I'm really worried about is how to prevent the rover from being immobilized when I unplug the factory alarm, haven't dug into how to wire around that yet. thanks in advance for any help!

-Brett

Unhappy i've begun....

well got bored and tore into it tonight.... the factory bypass was easy enough but I seem to have hit an issue with the door lock/unlocks... apparently rovers switch polarity to lock/unlock instead of using a + or - pulse for each. what a pickle. not that anyone has responded yet but I'd love some help on this one...