Thread: Passing inspection in Maryland

Default Passing inspection in Maryland

Are there any problems getting a Series IIA through inspection in Maryland? I've read the inspection requirements and they seem a little stiff for a 40 year old vehicle. Fortunately they waive the emissions test but if I need any upgrades or if there any common problems, I'd like to know in advance. (I know historic vehicles don't need an inspection but I want to register it for daily driving) -Thx

It's a pretty standard safety inspection, lights, brakes, turnsignals, safety belts, wipers, etc. It's a one time thing in maryland so some places are a bit more stringent. Nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind. BTW, in my experience, the usage limitations associated with historic tags are not enforced much, at least down here in Southern Maryland. I've seen daily driver work trucks with historic tags on them.

There are plenty of Historic Vehicles used as Daily Drivers.

Most ROW Defenders here are close to daily drivers.
    Gustavo
    94 D90 ST
    85 D110 SW
    06 D3 HSE7