Thread: A good hybrid swap- Where to go from here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A good hybrid swap- Where to go from here

You know you had a good day when you can swap 4 cases of beer for a LWB chassis, axles, tranny and TCase...

I picked up a 66 series 11a 5 door station wagon all apart waiting for a new chassis.

So the journey begins...

Anyone want to share their experience with a RRC LWB chassis and series body hybrid build?

I am trying to use the LWB bulkhead- I know it is a little wider so maybe it is not a good idea..
    I know I will need to add some body outriggers and modify the front end to fit might go the defender front end route but I would love to use the series front end and as much of the series vehicle as possible.

Any words of wisdom, web resources, examples,etc are welcome...

beer is just freak'n great. there's nothing that can't be done with it. i've heard of a rrc under a series. with a welder and beers anything is possible. but if your using the rrc frame use the drive train too. trade the series drive train for beer
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Cool the beer and I'll be there for you.

Default Beer and projects

That beer could be put on ice at a moments notice......
    Beer and wrenching on rovers is always a good time....lord knows I have alot of practice