Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers North Rock Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    Just got a set of new Galvi sliders. ....... I also notice the slider will not fit straight with the body work, It hits the door post metal.
    Any of you guys have this problem?
    I got Pangolin sliders, and also had to re-drill & bang a bit to make fit. They may be built to original specs, however 35-40 yr old vehicles don't hold their dimensions as well as Heather Locklear...
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

I bought a Rover because I miss the days of bloody knuckles and baling wire. I used to work on vehicles because I had to if I wanted to get where I was going. Now I do it because I enjoy it. So if you don't like having to do a little fabrication and creative thinking, maybe it's time to buy a something more like a new Toyota FJ.

As for hijacking, I think it's important to remember that a forum is simply an online conversation and of course a conversation continues to evolve. I enjoyed seeing and hearing about a few different ideas and the thought of adding rear corner protectors now has me thinking of a new project for my truck. I agree that the issue of the bolt holes was pretty well answered and unless you were looking for someone to come over and drill them for you, it sounds like you were just looking to complain and there's no reason why the conversation shouldn't move on now.

I'll even offer my my own hijack. My 109 came with the original side steps that are all rusted up. My wife would like them to be restored and put back on. I would like to put on rock sliders. Of course if I was to add sliders and the steps, the first time I used the sliders, the steps would be scraped off like bugs on the windscreen. Anyone ever seen sliders that incorporate a folding drop step???

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post
    I got Pangolin sliders, and also had to re-drill & bang a bit to make fit. They may be built to original specs, however 35-40 yr old vehicles don't hold their dimensions as well as Heather Locklear...
    Remember, she has had 'work' done on her too.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover View Post
    Remember, she has had 'work' done on her too.
    good point, but look OEM to me
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by adkrover View Post
    .... Anyone ever seen sliders that incorporate a folding drop step???
    Fab a set of sliders with pivots and pnuematics such that the whole slider drops down for the wife then in the rest (up) position it protects. i think escalades do this. so your be the first on the block to own a cadi-over
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

thumb-up

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Fab a set of sliders with pivots and pnuematics such that the whole slider drops down for the wife then in the rest (up) position it protects. i think escalades do this. so your be the first on the block to own a cadi-over

Yeah design them right and you could use them as jacks- probably have to go hydraulic though.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    Yeah design them right and you could use them as jacks- probably have to go hydraulic though.
    Or better yet, you could design them to act as a pair of hydro foil when lowered so you can just skim across those treacherous water crossings!

Default Non sequiter

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    Probably not going to get much help, certainly no sympathy, with that...

Seems like you could have drilled and tapped the hole in the amount of time you spent posting and researching the issue.
    I pointed out a simple etiquette issue . Do you deny that it's rude to hyjack a thread? Kinda like butting into someone's conversation.... Or do the polite rules of society not apply to you?
    I thought we were all all adults... or at least grown ups...
    An ad homonym attack on the poster does not detract from the issue. Either its rude ....or not....

Quote Originally Posted by adkrover View Post
    I bought a Rover because I miss the days of bloody knuckles and baling wire. I used to work on vehicles because I had to if I wanted to get where I was going. Now I do it because I enjoy it. So if you don't like having to do a little fabrication and creative thinking, maybe it's time to buy a something more like a new Toyota FJ.

As for hijacking, I think it's important to remember that a forum is simply an online conversation and of course a conversation continues to evolve. I enjoyed seeing and hearing about a few different ideas and the thought of adding rear corner protectors now has me thinking of a new project for my truck. I agree that the issue of the bolt holes was pretty well answered and unless you were looking for someone to come over and drill them for you, it sounds like you were just looking to complain and there's no reason why the conversation shouldn't move on now.

I'll even offer my my own hijack. My 109 came with the original side steps that are all rusted up. My wife would like them to be restored and put back on. I would like to put on rock sliders. Of course if I was to add sliders and the steps, the first time I used the sliders, the steps would be scraped off like bugs on the windscreen. Anyone ever seen sliders that incorporate a folding drop step???
    If it's time for a new topic..... start a new thread.. seems kinda easy.
    It also make looking through the data base easier for people to find stuff.
    Talk about a.d.d.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    If it's time for a new topic..... start a new thread.. seems kinda easy.
    It also make looking through the data base easier for people to find stuff.
    Talk about a.d.d.
    No offense intended dude, but you really need to chill. The thread may have gone off the slider fitment issue, but if your intention is to get some help on that issue, you'll eventually figure out that most of the other posters have years of series truck experience who are willing to mull it over and come back with useful suggestions. Like all series truck owners you're going to have countless issues with your own truck which can be worked out by the group. If no one else posted anything which you found of any value, then so be it, but you'll find valuable information in every thread if you chill out and read all the posts. No OP owns the thread he starts, and you will be hard pressed to find very many if any posts with personal attacks. It really doesn't take that long to read new posts to any thread, and your time can't be that precious. Sit back and enjoy the board. This board is very much like Guns And Rovers, i.e., all the threads are casual converstions amongst people with a common interest. Think how mundane it would be if every conversation were governed by rules that they stick only to the opening remark.