Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers North Rock Sliders

Lord Icon,

If you're gonna act like this, then just go to another board. The posters on this thread are all regulars here, and no one but you got their feelings hurt. If you're really that picky about a little deviation from the primary topic of a thread then you won't be happy here. All of us do this from time to time. and none of us get sore at each other for doing so.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

amcordo makes me mad sometimes...

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    I pointed out a simple etiquette issue . Do you deny that it's rude to hyjack a thread? Kinda like butting into someone's conversation.... Or do the polite rules of society not apply to you?
    I thought we were all all adults... or at least grown ups...
    An ad homonym attack on the poster does not detract from the issue. Either its rude ....or not....
    Since we're talking polite, I believe if you had just said " lets keep this thread on track" or something similar instead of the sarcastic comment about how much it costs to start a new topic, we wouldn't be here now.

Again, the polite rules of society would dictate that you atleast give TJR a hearty "thank you" for posting the directions.

So back on topic. Did you manage to make any progress on mounting the sliders?

Yes, how did the sliders work out? Any pictures? I'd love to get a set for my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    amcordo makes me mad sometimes...

I was lurking waiting for you to comment...

I've got a set of what I'm guessing are original rock sliders. (Al with steel fittings to attach them to the door frame memeber, front wings, and rear wheel well). I had to really just push and pull them into place, then using a bolt to tighten them up. If you look close they're not in the same place on either side of the truck, and they're down about 1/8" lower than they should be if the design was super tight...

I've learned in the last year that the best way to handle the issues of the rover is just to FORCE something to fit if it doesn't. Usually works.

Can you post any pics so we can see how far off things are? Maybe we can help give you some suggestions with the images on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    Just got a set of new Galvi sliders. Waited a couple of weeks with high hopes. Was told that they are very popular. Arrived on Thurs. This sat I unpacked them from the copious amount of protective packing and bubble wrap. Total parts .... 2 rock sliders, 2 mount brackets, small bag of grade 5 hardware...... no instructions .... nope none.....
    Hey , I own a Series Rover. I can fix anything. just 4 parts ...right?
    After orienting the sliders to the proper side I attempted to bolt on the rear mounting bracket........ bolt goes in..... bottoms out at less than 1/4 inch. The extra metal welded onto the slider is tapped and clean of galvi. the remaining metal behind the hole is not tapped.... not tapped , nor is it drilled.... Hmmmm very useful. So glad I bought pre made rather than make myself. I also notice the slider will not fit straight with the body work, It hits the door post metal.
    Any of you guys have this problem? I googled and found no help, One would think a set of install instructions would have been posted .... but I found none.
    Another weekend wasted....

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    I've got a set of what I'm guessing are original rock sliders.
    When you say 'original' are you thinking made by Land Rover? Never heard of them.

I've got a set of what I'm guessing are original rock sliders. (Al with steel fittings to attach them to the door frame memeber, front wings, and rear wheel well).
    Those would be the original aluminum 'sills' rather than heavy-gauge steel 'rock sliders' that replace the sills. I love my rock sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    I've got a set of what I'm guessing are original rock sliders. (Al with steel fittings to attach them to the door frame memeber, front wings, and rear wheel well)..
    Do you mean the sill panels?
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Well at least you got yours. I'm still waiting for a pair from someone else and it has been almost 3 months.
    Jim