Thread: 200 Disco ?

thumb-up 200 Disco ?

Hi newbee here...I found 2 Disco's that i am interested in....#1 is a 2000 with 91k 3d owner no servise records on it it doesent say SE on the fender and the owner dosent know he thinks its a base modle...i think he is wrong it has rear seats 2 sunroofs leather heated power seats, harmon kardon stero and air ride rear..I think its a SE7....it is dk blue with a cream interier .It needs tires.brakes,air bags leak,and the 3 amegos are on...i can buy it for under $2000....#2 is also a 2000 with 97K also no side badge on her 2nd owner uncle was first owner has records... it is sand color..it needs tires and the exhaust is noisey.. the AC needs a charge...no sunroofs ,a pioneer cassett stero (dosent work) no rear seats,no air ride,2 power windows dont work..he wants $5800 for this one.Both trucks need a good cleaning...Having said that I am a mechanic and could fix annything that goes wrong with either of them...witch one do you think is the best buy... Did thay make a SE7 in 2000?

Surprised you don't have responses.

$5,800 sounds very high for a 2000 that needs anything - I have seen 2004's for around $7k.

If you can find someone with an ABS Amigo you can borrow, you can figure out your three amigo issues without having to pay to get it done. Where are you? My big concern would be the head gaskets - I would want a pressure test of the cooling system and/or testing coolant for exhaust gasses for either truck. Depending on what you are using it for, the leaking air bags may not be an issue as it is a good excuse to put a coil lift on. Brakes are easy to do. Make sure the front shaft is, or gets, rebuilt with servicable U-joints.
    '82 109" diesel
    '04 DII

Default Great Deal

Good call..on the SE7 disco I took the name of the repair shop that did the last oil change and deceided to call the shop that did some work to it...so i did...and it turns out the disco is overheating and he put sealer in it just to sell it...any way to make a long story short...the shop told me he has a customer that has a disco and wants to sell it becaus his uncle gave him his 2004 rover as a Graduation gift from med school...its a 2000 its extremley clean 150K in the Last year he installed new brakes W/roters and calipers,new front shaft new front and rear springs ball joints and rod ends,complete new wiper motor and arms,new plugs and wires..also had head gasgets done at 80K he wasent going to sell it until his uncle gave him his rover...he sold it to me for $2500..I think thats a score...Its silver with gray leather Harmon Kardek,2 roofs heated seats and window..everything works and no lights on ....I will be picking it up on Fryday cant waight.....

Sounds like you did very well! Congratulations!
    '82 109" diesel
    '04 DII

Default 2000 disco

Picked it up...runs great...I always wanted a disco.....Now the fun Begins.....first I need running boards (my 90 year old mom cant get in the disco)....second will be a 2003-2004 faselift. also need to buy a repair manual...cant wait...