Thread: X-Mod 109 BATUS - $13,500 Cdn.

Default X-Mod 109 BATUS - $13,500 Cdn.

Selling my 1985 (registered as an 1983 in Canada) Series III 109 3 door.
    Last year of the Series trucks. 2nd owner from BATUS (British Army Training Sufield). This was one of the Roverlander's that did the CANOL Expedition in 2009. This is a solid truck that I would not hesitate driving anywhere, any distance!

Currently running on B.C. Collector plates.

5mb 2.25 Petrol, LHD, 4spd.
    Solid Chassis and Bulkhead...no rust.
    Electronic Ignition
    New valve seals
    rear dif pinion seal
    New brakes and cylinders
    Rebuilt Weber carb
    new manifold
    1 ton Military drive shaft
    Rocky Mountain Transfer Case cover
    Rocky Mountain Alloy Door Tops
    New rear shocks
    Defender mirrors
    Fully lockable
    New LR military removable cross member
    Military bumper over riders
    Rebuilt Alternator
    Rebuilt Rear Fuel Tank
    Rebuilt Military Side Fuel Tank
    Expedition Cabinets

...plus much, much more

new military paint, hard top and new soft top (soft top pic was prior to paint).

Always maintained by RoverTech in B.C. All invoices since purchase.

There are some items such as the Warn 8274 and NATO hitch that are NOT included in the sale, but can be negotiated.

Serious only contact me through replying here. This is not a "forced" sale so no lowballs.

Default Pics of the 109 in action

Here is some additional pics of the 109.

The first two were taken last summer on the CANOL Expedition and the last shot is an actual picture of the vehicle when under British Army ownership at BATUS. Military Registration is 77 KC 63 as designated on the seat box.

I have the records from the British MOD stating that this Series III is either a very late 1984 or early 1985 build.

BATUS eh? That's a hammer and sickle in the last photo. Hilarious.

^^ I guess that's why the picture is titled "BATUS Russian Tower".

I don't care what the documents read. I still have this romantic idea of the truck going AWAL for a day and getting caught out. My lightweight is a BATUS truck too. Maybe this truck and mine shared experiences.

Nice 109 by the way. Good luck with the sale.

Funny Story...

On my way back from picking up my "new" 1991 Defender 110 last week I was driving by BATUS and decided to pop in and see what I could see. My son and I pulled up to the main gate where two MP's were stationed, only to have them wave us right in...they thought we were part of the group currently stationed there (guess it was my military green RHD Defender complete with FFR antena's)...I actually contemplated for a brief moment of driving right in and having a looksee, but thought better of it and identified myself and son as civilians just looking around. Needless to say the MP's were very happy that we did not cruise in, for as they stated their ass would have been in a very deep sling.

Did see alot of Wolf's and other British gear...sankey's, tanks, you name it...very cool to say the least.

Default New Pics with the softop

Thought I would add some pics of what it looks like now with the new paint and the soft top on. As well included a pic of the engine bay. All stock with the exception of the aforementioned Petronix Electronic Ignition and Weber Carb.
    Last edited by BellaCoola; 08-15-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding picture

Default SOLD!!!!! X-MOD BATUS 109

Thanks to all that were interested but my 109 is now off to a new home east of the Rockies in Calgary.

Cheers