I have replaced the 2.25 diesel engine with a 2.5 petrol in my 1983 Series 3. The 2.5 has a Weber 32/34 DMTL carb. The 2.5 engine came from a 1986 Defender. The plastic air intake bolted to the carb now almost touches the windshield washer reservoir - a hose would normally be connected to the end of the intake and run to an oil bath filter on the left side ( facing forward). The oil bath filter on my S3 is on the right side ( facing forward). I have been unable to locate an air intake for this carb that would allow me to use the S3 oil bath filter. I have located a couple on the internet but they will not fit this carb(despite claims that it would fit any weber carb) - the bolts/studs on my carb are arranged in an asymmetric pattern - the bolt holes on the air intakes I have located are symmetrically arranged. Short of having a custom intake fabricated does anyone know how I can use the S3 oil bath filter.....is there an adapter that I have yet to find? Any info or advice is appreciated.
Jim