Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vibration getting worse

What type of vibration does it sound like? Mechanical or maybe more like sheet metal. I was getting a loud vibration at idle and could not figure out where it was coming from. I thought it was the transfer case because of its territorial marking capability. After awhile of searching for the source I discovered it was coming from under the driver's seat (LHD), I pulled my seat and access cover, the vibration was from the fuel tank (military type which is normally empty). For some reason the extension tube and the top of the tank vibrate obnoxiously loud. I don't think the aux tank is original because the cap is not the same as the passenger side and it is not POR coated like the rest of the undercarriage. It's not as annoying as the mystery toe heater (feels like direct exhaust on my foot but only when I'm moving).
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Ok, I've followed this thread for some time now and I'm starting to thing its about time you accept the fact that your truck (and all series trucks) make NOISE! It's either that or you rebuild the entire vehicle so you can eliminate almost all possibilities. Almost all because even rebuilt parts can be defective or installed incorrectly and no matter what, it will never sound like a new suv.