X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 007jlm
    Low Range
    • Sep 2008

1998 tdi 300 Defender 90

300 tdi runs great. Has small leak - oil or fuel - I'm not sure. Recently replaced timing belt. New radio with ipod control. No rust, but plenty of dings in body. No A/C. $25,000
    Last edited by 007jlm; 12-26-2008, 04:50 PM.
  • solihull109
    1st Gear
    • May 2007

I'll give you 8K and NOT call the D.O.T....
    knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com

Comment

• Rineheitzgabot
      4th Gear
      • Jun 2008

Sounds like an offer he can't refuse, to me.
      "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Comment

• rbishop
        Low Range
        • Jul 2008

The DOT threat

Does anyone ever really call the DOT and if so, what do they do? I mean, if the INS can't control the cross-border movement of undocumented people (US census estimates put that number at over 12 million) what kind of effort does the DOT put forward when some one calls to report a black market Rover?

Sure a minority of undocumented folks may get a bus ride back every once in a while after a raid, and sure, perhaps some Rover owners may lose their Rover after a Gladis Kravitz (sp?) information brings on the DOT. But my question is does anyone know how often this actually happens? It interests me b/c I see black market stuff on all the sites (this site, lrx.com, club websites, etc) all the time. I am not minimizing the wrongdoing of what is occurring, I am simply asking if anyone has the actual numbers concerning the incidence of the wrongdoing with respect to Rovers particularly.

I'm not sure I buy ALL the stories I hear about the DOT impounding and destroying vehicles.

BTW, there is a stunning new Arles blue defender 110 TD5 parked just 5 minutes away from my office near Seatac today. I'm not kidding.

Comment

Low Range
          • May 2007

I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.

Comment

• zimm
            Low Range
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 01001010
            I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.
            i have an idea!

lets steal it, and and vin swap it with an old 109!

Comment

Working...