Thread: no heat

Default no heat

i have a 1988 rover classic. i dont get warm air anymore. cooling system is good, holds pressure/no leaks. fan blows strong. problem is i get slightly warm air at best. this is my first rover so i'm still on the upward slope of the learning curve but this one has me stumped. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Make sure the coolant is plenty full.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

still havent solved this little problem. heres where i'm at; replaced thermostat after flushing system. when i let it sit in the driveway running to burp out as much air from the system as possable i had great heat. but, once i start driving it slowly loses heat. i used a stand alone temp guage just be sure the one in the dash was accurate. engine gets up to temp and stays there fine. full on coolant, no leaks(even double checked oil to make sure i wasnt having a head gasket issue) i can sit there all day long with nice warm air, but once i get moving it dies off. at this point i'm just hoping the weather warms up soon. morning comutes are kinda chilly.

Replace the t-stat again or, test it in a pot of water, sound like its faulty.

When you installed the aftermarket temp gauge and ran the engine up to temp, what was the temp at? and, when you drove what was the temperature when driving?
    Last edited by kevin-ct; 03-02-2009 at 07:07 AM.

i'm going to chalk this one up to the ol' rovies grumpiness. it is at 200,000 miles so i give her slack. after burbing the system twice and a fresh thermostat things seem to be cooperating......for now.