Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by South Larry
    I think you may have spoken to the wrong person at Haggerty. I've used them for years covering several old Series vehicles and just had my '73 Series III policy re-issued. I've found them to be one of the most cost effective carriers....It might just be a Florida thing???
    Larry
    I have it as well in MA with stated value of 8500 bucks. 92 bucks a year. Time for a different Hagerty rep!
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

I went with the antique registration here in Maine for the same sort of reasons: minor light issues and a small exhaust leak. I wanted to at least drive it some while sorting those out. Now that I have, I plan on converting to regular registration and inspection so I can drive it whenever I like.

Been insured through Geico for years (that lizard is just so darn cute); had several claims, mostly for windshields, and never had any beef with them. The SIIa is just convered for liability for now; I can get a classic car policy with them, but have to go through an appraisal first. Since I plan on a lot of changes in the next 6 months or so, I'm was going to defer that to avoid churning on reappraisals. If some companies let me name my own value, then I may have to rethink that decision.