Thread: 24v to 12v - wiring up my signals

Default 24v to 12v - wiring up my signals

This may have been answered before but I didn't find it in my searches.

1) Is this thingy behind my dash the turn signal flasher? My FFR shop manual doesn't show it listed and I just want confirmation before I get started hooking up my wires. http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=PHTO0015.jpg

2) Here is my new 12v fuse block/harness. It's got a flasher built into it that is labled "signal flasher" on my diagram. There is also a purple wire from the fuse block labled "to signal switch (power in to turn signals)". http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=PHTO0016.jpg

My question: Do I get rid of the stock turn signal flasher shown in 1) and use the one built into the new fuse block?

2nd question: How many wires should be coming out of the Tex-Magna turn signal switch? My FFR wiring diagram shows 5, my switch has 6.

Yes, I'm in over my head, but I'm determined! And I have tons of help from all my friends here.
    1966 IIa - ex-MOD, ex-FFR, ex-24v
    1997 Discovery SE7 - I'm empty inside without her

Just found this wiring diagram posted here a few months ago.

So it looks like I would use the Rover 3 wire flasher and jumper the flasher built into the fuse block. Now I guess I need to find a 12v flasher unit to swap out the existing 24v one.

Does this sound right before I order a new flasher?
    1966 IIa - ex-MOD, ex-FFR, ex-24v
    1997 Discovery SE7 - I'm empty inside without her