Thread: Need Carb Help

Default Need Carb Help

Rebuilt my series III 109 with a 2.25 petrol engine carb (zenith) used the kit from here. Went o fire up the engine - and it starts (idles fine) for about 30 seconds then dies -when watching the carb, even after the engine dies a good stream of gas keeps pouring into the carb from the main inslet - after 30 seconds or so it trickles to a stop - I have to wait 3o minutes or so until all the extra gas evaporates and then try it again. Then it fires up and repeates the performance. I am completely new to rebuilding carbs, and this is the first one i attempted - what did i do wrong?

Did you check the float level as per bulletin from our hosts sticky post? I just did that very thing today as part of my tune up.

Default Best advice I ever got Re. Zenith carb!!

Ditch that pos and get yourself the Weber 34 ICH.... you'll be much happier.
    -Cosmo-
    '66 IIA 88" - Stock-ish Trail Rider

'95 Disco R380 5 spd DD
    ARB winch bull bar
    Warn 8k
    Gulf States Grill
    OME HD 2" lift
    home made limb risers
    LR rack with too many Hellas
    on-and-on-and....

I've never met a Zenith I couldn't sort. They are as simple a carb as you can get. First thing I would do is recheck the float level and make sure the needle and seat is free of gunk. It sounds like a flooding issue. Pm if you need more detailed assistance.

weber!!!!