Thread: series 2 one piece thermo housing

Talking series 2 one piece thermo housing

Need some help. Have the 1958 thru 1960 series 2 one piece thermo housing. looking for the thermostat and gaskets or the part number and perhaps source for same. If any one can help it would be appreciated.

Just switch to the later housing. Easier to find the parts for. If you insist on keeping it, the last I knew Ike at Pangolin had some of the older bellows thermostats. As for the gasket, make one from a brown paper bag.

I had the same housing and could not find the correct bellows-type thermostat. I found a used later-style housing (check with Ike/Pangolin or George/Rovers Down South), which fits and works perfectly. I'm also suspicious of the bellows-type thermostats, which seemed to be less reliable. There were a few other British cars from the same era that used them and they all abandoned them at some point.