Thread: Looking for:

Default Looking for:

Tailgate - Drop-down SII/SIII any color/condition as long as it's serviceable

Roll Bar - 4point, prefer something that fixes to the chassis but will take one that bolts to the body tub if the price is right, just looking for something to stop her from going all the way over if I flop it on a trail

Also could use a good set of front springs

Located Fredericksburg, VA

Anyone have any of the above close by? Everyone keeps telling me our hosts have used tail gates for $100 but I can't seem to find them anywhere... Just trying to get her ready for MAR.
    74 SIII RHD, Diesel, Basterd Rover

daveb had a SD roll bar in Washington DC. Not sure he still has it...
    74 SIII
    96 Disco SE-7 5 Spd.

Quote Originally Posted by CLynn85 View Post
    Anyone have any of the above close by? Everyone keeps telling me our hosts have used tail gates for $100 but I can't seem to find them anywhere... Just trying to get her ready for MAR.
    You might give RN a call - they suggest having used tailgates in addition to these:
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-4...s-iia-iii.aspx

You might also hold off until MAR - there is usually a parts swap and several vendors (including our hosts- who by the way, have the booth staffed with the nicest people )

As Nick said, call RN. I got my tailgate from RN, on special. I paid $99 as you said people had told you. It was not used, but rather overstocked. It came from a new Defender. It works and looks great. Pretty good for a $300 part.

-Gary
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

I thought they were out of those $100 tailgates?
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NickDawson View Post
    You might give RN a call - they suggest having used tailgates in addition to these:
    http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-4...s-iia-iii.aspx

You might also hold off until MAR - there is usually a parts swap and several vendors (including our hosts- who by the way, have the booth staffed with the nicest people )
    MAR?

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    MAR?
    Mid-Atlantic Rover Rally
    http://www.roav.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    I thought they were out of those $100 tailgates?

Yorker,

Sorry to mislead. They might be out of them. And I should mention that I got mine about two years ago. However, I thought I remembered seeing one the the RN salesmen trying to pitch them on the forum recently.

I may be imagining it though.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow