Thread: Rover and Kayak

Default Rover and Kayak

Just wanted to share a picture of the wooden strip kayak my father built. Just picked it up and can't wait to get the Rover running and make a trip to town lake to try it out. I had to include a picture of the Rover to post the picture!
    Geoff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31277813@N06/5150183392/

beautiful boat! is it commonly available plan or his own design?

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Quote Originally Posted by jimsshuman View Post
    beautiful boat! is it commonly available plan or his own design?

The design is called a Guillemot, from Newfound Woodworks (www.newfound.com) and I aggree, it's a beautiful design. I certainly don't have the talent to build something like this, but I'm sure going to enjoy it. It took him about a year and half to build (He's in his 80's so he "Paced" himself), but won't that look great on top of the mod 110 defender!!! Just got back off the road, should have the rover running this weekend.
    Geoff

Those guys have some really nice designs. My boat is going to come soon after my rover someday soon!! I have a nice stockpile rough cut cedar boards just dying to become a boat!! What happened to the pulling boat that was hanging above the rover? A rowing shell or pulling boat may be in the works for me since my girlfriend was a collegiate rower. Let her pull me around!
    Back on subject, good looking truck! Love the pick up soft top. What tires are those?

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Quote Originally Posted by jimsshuman View Post
    Those guys have some really nice designs. My boat is going to come soon after my rover someday soon!! I have a nice stockpile rough cut boards just dying to become a boat!! What happened to the pulling boat that was hanging above the rover? A rowing shell or pulling boat may be in the works for me since my girlfriend was a collegiate rower. Let her pull me around!
    Back on subject, good looking truck! Love the pick up soft top. What tires are those?
    I gave the pulling boat to my nephew for a wedding present, wouldn't seem right to have two boats from my dad and I REALLY wanted the kayak! I understand that the fun part of boat building (Cutting/glueing wood) only last's a short time, but the fiberglassing and sanding an eternity. I know that cutting the boards down to 3/4", and putting cove/bead edges on them was great fun, but that was all I was around for. As far as the tires on the Rover, they came with it, they're Goodyear G90's, 7.50 R16. Not too sure how they'll be off road as both the Rover and my shoulder have been out of action a while, but hoping to find out over the holidays.
    Geoff