Thread: Replacing Rear Side Glass Series 2a

Default Replacing Rear Side Glass Series 2a

I have been the unfortunate target of some mischevious marauders in my neighborhood. They broke the drivers side, small rear hardtop window out. (im thankful it wasnt the large one in the rear door!) I removed the glass fromm the other side in hopes of having the local auto glass shop cut me a copy to replace it with. How ever I noticed that it says toughned glass. Do any of you know if that means it is tempered glass and not saftey glass? From what I understand, that glass must be cut to shape first and then sent out to be tempered. I have also looked in the catologues to possibly just purchase a NOS window. But no one seems to list that item. Living here in central california there does not seem to be any kind of abundance of used series rovers either. Thanks in advance. SMac
    1970 Series IIA 88" Petrol

http://www.roversdownsouth.com/body.htm

He has them for 12.00 plus shipping.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link. They have them in stock. and I was right they are tempered glass. would cost much more to have one cut and tempered. Thanks again SMac
    1970 Series IIA 88" Petrol