Engine knock... Does this sound familiar?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albersj51
    5th Gear
    • May 2010

Originally posted by badvibes
    When you click on the pic and enlarge it look at the pic title in the lower left corner.....

Jeff
    I did, but it doesn't show up on my phone. Oh well, ill look when I get home.

Comment

Low Range
      • May 2007

Originally posted by SalemRover

On an unrelated topic, is your name 01001010 the binary equivalent of the ascii number for the letter J? Just curious.

-Jason
      Correctomundo!

Comment

• SalemRover
        3rd Gear
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 01001010
        Correctomundo!
        Good to know the geek has not left me entirely. I have one of those tappets and it failed just like that, but only because I did not install the pushrod correctly. Mine was on a diesel engine so the clatter was different, glad you found it.

-J

Comment

• I Leak Oil
          Overdrive
          • Nov 2006

Bummer for sure. I'm surprised it's as intermittant as it is! ....and that it runs as seemingly smooth as it does.
          Jason
          "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

Low Range
            • May 2007

Salem, this is the second time I've had a 2.25 with a broken tappet. My first was a Diesel and it the damage was on the same exact location of the tappet. I never got to hear that engine run so now I know EXACTLY what a damaged tappet sounds like.

I leak... I hear ya. Thats why I was so baffled! My bro and law and I just stared at the engine running for about 20 mins.... just stared

Comment

Working...